Why work with us?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we are an Investors in People Gold and Workplace Wellbeing Charter award winning Employer.
Our goal is to nurture and inspire through a culture people are proud to be a part of and projects they are excited to work on.
As a team, we question convention; there’s always a better, more efficient way. The same philosophy applies to how we work together.
- We’re trusted to work where we need to, with enough flexibility to meet our needs and the business’s.
- We’re focused on outputs with an emphasis on productivity, not presenteeism.
- We can grow both personally and professionally here, we’re confident about our future with the company.
- We understand what’s expected of us and we’re supported to put our customers, environment and communities first in everything we do.
- We make a difference. We’re proud of what we achieve together and of the part we play.
The following benefits are available to all our Project & Programme managers :
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and development programmes
- Opportunity for progression with the company
- Opportunity to work across the Project Lifecycle
- Ability to work on projects of varying sizes and complexity
- Opportunity to be the identified lead for a project
- Ability to shape your own career within a flexible organisational structure
- Ability to grow a Client account
- Option to join the Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic self-motivated Project Manager that can help propel our ambitious growth strategy.
We are looking for the next generation of leaders that have the capability and drive to move through the organisation and own the delivery of our projects.
The Purpose of the role is to
- Be responsible for delivering a variety of project/programme work
- Have full accountability and responsibility for managing and delivery of project/programme works
- Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
- Work with corporate clients, developers, designers and sub-contractors to define and document scope(s) of work(s).
- Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome.
- Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub-contractor returns.
- Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of principle contractor.
- Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
- Ensure QA practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
- Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”. Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, quantity surveying, sub-contractor management and site manager duties.
- Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
- Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Provide timely monthly reports to the Business Unit Director in an agreed format.
- Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
- Value all sub-contractor accounts and make application for payments.
- Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
- Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process
- Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
- Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
- Review all pre construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
- Engage with sub-contractors under the correct commercial terms.
- Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
- Appraise all sub-contractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
- Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
- Set up the QA processes and make sure they are monitored.
- Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
- Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
- Close out all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to present with confidence
- Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
- Internal and external customer management
- Networking skills
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines Knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of the construction market
- Fully competent with Project Management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
- Understanding of the difference between mark up and margin
- Min 2 years proven Project Management experience in built environment (preferable)
- Business case experience (preferable)
- Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
- Previous experience of operating at senior level
- Recognised technical qualification in construction related subjects
- Recognised qualifications in Project Management
- understanding and competence in CDM regulations (preferable)
- CSCS accreditation (preferable)
- Understanding customer needs
- Ability to inspire confidence
- Competence to deliver
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
- Skillset in written report writing
- High degree of integrity
- Highly motivated and self-aware
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Results focused
- Commercial awareness
How to apply
Whatever we are doing, as individuals and as a company, we look for the best way of doing it. We prefer talent to experience. Build your career with us.
If this opportunity is of interest, we would welcome further conversation with a view to arranging an interview if your CV is of interest. Please use the contact form below or email BFlounders@exi-group.com