Why work with us?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we are an Investors in People Gold and Workplace Wellbeing Charter award winning Employer.
Our goal is to nurture and inspire through a culture people are proud to be a part of and projects they are excited to work on.
We’re not all the same, but everyone here contributes to our success; every colleague is like-minded in their ambition to get up each day and leave a positive mark on the world.
As a team, we question convention; there’s always a better, more efficient way. The same philosophy applies to how we work together.
- We’re trusted to work where we need to, with enough flexibility to meet our needs and the business’s.
- We’re focused on outputs with an emphasis on productivity, not presenteeism.
- We can grow both personally and professionally here, we’re confident about our future with the company.
- We understand what’s expected of us and we’re supported to put our customers, environment and communities first in everything we do.
- We make a difference. We’re proud of what we achieve together and of the part we play.
The following benefits are available to all our Cost managers :
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and development programmes
- Opportunity for progression with the company
- Opportunity to work across the Project Lifecycle
- Ability to work on projects of varying sizes and complexity
- Opportunity to be the identified lead for a project
- Ability to shape your own career within a flexible organisational structure
- Ability to grow a Client account
- Option to join the Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic self-motivated Cost Manager that can help propel our ambitious growth strategy.
We are looking for the next generation of leaders that have the capability and drive to move through the organisation and own the delivery of our projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Cost planning.
- Cost-in-use studies.
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process, including designing tender marking schemes.
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Settling final accounts.
- Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on exi professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Business Unit.
- Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
- Liaise with colleagues managers to determine and identify project opportunities.
- Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
- Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
- Value all sub-contractor accounts and make application for payments.
- Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
- Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to present with confidence
- Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
- Internal and external customer management
- Networking skills
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of the construction market
- Fully competent with Cost Management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
- Understanding of the difference between mark up and margin
- Min 5 years proven Cost Management experience in built environment
- Proven experience of running a P&L
- Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
- Previous experience of operating at senior level
- understanding and competence in CDM regulations (preferred but not essential)
- CSCS accreditation (preferred but not essential)
- Recognised technical qualification in construction related subjects
- Recognised qualifications in Cost Management
- Understanding customer needs
- Ability to inspire confidence
- Competence to deliver
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
- Skillset in written report writing
- High degree of integrity
- Highly motivated and self-aware
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Results focused
- Commercial awareness
How to apply
Whatever we are doing, as individuals and as a company, we look for the best way of doing it. We prefer talent to experience. Build your career with us
If this opportunity is of interest, we would welcome further conversation with a view to arranging an interview if your CV is of interest. Please use the contact form below or email MVickery@exi-group.com